Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Using non English words in Lexigrams

Using non English words in Lexigrams

Question:

quote:
"What if you were using a word or term in one language eg French but you speak English. Is it acceptable to find both English and French words in the original French term? Are we confined to just sticking with the one language to match the original words?"

Answer:
quote:

We are a multilingual people on this planet.
English is a melting pot language containing the words from many different languages down through time.
I personally see no valid reason to exclude any words simply because they are not in English.


For example:
The word "LOVE" is very rare to most folks' names.
What is they want "LOVE" in their name/Lexgram? Adding an "L" or any other letter to force a Lexigram to say what you desire is wrong. However as I said, English is a melting pot language comprised of many languages especially at the etymological levels.
They may not have "LOVE", but may have any of these for example:
amour
amore`
ami
Eros
Agapē
Storge
amado (sweetheart)
amante (sweetheart)
amistad (friendship)
amor (pure love, romantic love)
"Love" as a verb

* amar (to love, to love romantically): Te amo. I love you.
* encantar (indicating strong like): Me encanto escribir. I love to write.
* gustar mucho (indicating strong like): Me gusta mucho este sofá. I love this sofa.
* querer (to love romantically, to want): Te quiero. I love you.

Phrases using "love"

* amarío (love affair)
* amor a primera vista (love at first sight)
* amor mío (my love)
* aventura amorosa (love affair)
* canción de amor (love song)
* carta amatoria (love letter)
* carta de amor (love letter)
* enamorarse (to fall in love with): Me enamoré de una bruja. I fell in love with a witch.
* estar enamorado (to be in love): Estoy enamorada de él. I am in love with him.
* flechazo (love at first sight): Fue flechazo. It was love a first sight.
* love story (historia de amor)
* love token (prenda de amor)
* hacer el amor (to make love)
* lance de amor (love affair)
* me quiere, no me quiere (she loves me, she loves me not)
* mi amor (my love)
* no se llevan bien (there is no love lost between them)
* no se tienen ningún aprecio (there is no love lost between them)
* periquito (love bird or parakeet)
* por el amor de (for the love of): Por el amor de una rosa, el jardinero es servidor de mil espinas. For the love of a rose, the gardener is the servant of a thousand thorns.
* por nada del mundo (not for love nor money)
* por pura afición (for the pure love of it, just for the love of it): Toca el piano por pura afición. She plays the piano just for the love of it.
* relaciones sexuales (love making)
* vida sexual (love live)
LOVE words
LOVE WORDS

No comments: